The new APPG report24 July 2023
The APPG on a Fit and Healthy Childhood is proud to have partnered with MQ Mental Health Research to produce this report and seeks further partners to promote all aspects of the health and wellbeing of children and young people.
This fully researched report endorsed by 23 expert contributors makes the powerful case to reinstate the Mental Health Strategy and makes six recommendations to the Government for what a 10-year strategy to improve mental health should include:
- Prioritising prevention and increasing public awareness.
- Facilitating early intervention and timely access to services
- Promoting integrated, holistic services and addressing health inequalities.
- Guaranteeing sustainable funding for research, mental health services and workforce development.
- Growing the workforce and capacity building.
- Partnership working and dynamic collaboration between government agencies, healthcare and education service providers and other organisations.