SAPHNA welcomes you to join as a member if you are a School Nurse, working with School Nurses or passionate about our work and values.
SAPHNA, a charity, is an internationally recognised professional organisation that will provide you with a whole range of professional benefits; joining us will also demonstrate your commitment to the health and wellbeing of children, young people and families.
We currently have a reach of over 5,000 comprising School Nursing and the Public Health Nursing workforce, parents, governors, Commissioners, Providers, Teachers, Social Workers, Third sector partners, Children’s charities and more.
School and Public Health Nurses play a critical role in ensuring that children and young people thrive and enjoy a healthy and happy childhood and, in turn, adulthood. SAPHNA commits to supporting you to deliver on this!
SAPHNA place huge value on the children and young people’s workforce and, as such, want you to enjoy maximum benefits from your membership. Below are some of the benefits you will enjoy.
Maximising your professionalism
- Increased visibility of the profession through our joint work
- Opportunity to grow your own experience and portfolio through participation in our developments
- Special interest groups
- A forum through which to have your voice heard
- Quarterly electronic newsletter with latest news, evidence, research and other relevant reports
- Members-only access to practice forums to enable healthy discussions and debates!
- Access to the latest tools, guidance and evidence-based materials to ensure that you can make a real difference to children, young people and families
- Instant access to evidence-based topics from eczema to child protection
- Instant access to the members-only SAPHNA resources
- Free online training re supporting pupils in schools with medical conditions
- Lower-cost CPD, training including regional and national events
- Lower-cost entry to conferences on key topics for School and Public Health Nurses
- Lower-cost subscription to the Journal of Children’s Health (previously the British Journal of School Nursing)
- Lower-cost resources negotiated by us with key partners and suppliers
Special interest groups
- Opportunity to work with SAPHNA on project work streams
- Chance to represent School and Public Health Nursing at key stakeholder groups
- Register your interest in any two of our Special Interest Groups, which will comprise of:
- Maintaining a healthy weight including physical activity and healthy eating
- Screening and support to increase immunisation coverage
- Promoting good mental health to enhance resilience (including Bullying, including physical/online, peer pressure)
- Long term conditions and complex health needs
- Tobacco, alcohol and substance misuse
- Relationships, sexual health, contraception and parenthood
- Vulnerable children and young people (including those who are looked after)
- Knife, gun and gang crime (links to ACE’s and poor mental health)
- Promoting good oral health
- Promoting safety and reducing accidental injuries
Corporate membership, either as an NHS Trust, Employer, Higher Education Institution (HEI) or industry partner, will enable you to demonstrate your commitment to your School and Public Health Nursing workforce, giving them the support and access to all the resources that are available through membership to SAPHNA.
For further details of the corporate scheme please contact us.
NHS and Employer organisations
SAPHNA has a legacy portfolio of direct work with NHS and other Employer Organisations. To compliment this, we will now also offer Corporate membership. You can join all of your School and Public Health Nursing workforce, including students. This will ensure that your workforce will have access to the most up-to-date information and developments relevant to their work, thus, enhance the delivery of high quality, research based practice.
For further details, please contact us.
Higher Education Institutes (HEIs)
We are delighted to offer HEI membership to those involved in the development and delivery of education to/relevant to School and Public Health Nurses. This will enjoy the national benefits of working alongside SAPHNA and locally will provide access to up-to-date contemporaneous resources, training and learning to further underpin your teaching and training.
For further details, please contact us.