NIHR – SRL Programme 2nd cohort29 August 2023
Following the success of the inaugural year, we are proud to announce that applications for the 2nd cohort of the SRL programme will open on the 31st August 2023.
The programme offers a unique opportunity for senior nurse and midwife research leaders to share their knowledge and learning across organisations and the broader healthcare community. Each SRL will be seconded for three years at 0.4 WTE, at an Agenda for Change Band 8b (entry) or equivalent level, within a health and/or social care setting. The programme will run from April 2024 until March 2027, and subsequent cohorts will be recruited annually with a minimum of 15 nurses and midwives.
The SRL programme is tailored for senior research nurses and midwives from diverse health and social care backgrounds who possess strong research leadership and networking skills, along with innovative perspectives. We are looking for individuals whose expertise and personal experiences will inspire fellow nurses and midwives to actively lead, deliver and support research initiatives that contribute to enhancing patient care. They will also have the opportunity to make a significant positive impact on the nursing and midwifery research landscape.
- Work closely with the NIHR Nursing and Midwifery team to pioneer research leadership activities.
- Influence NIHR decision-making processes and research priorities.
- Spearhead capacity-building initiatives and drive innovative changes in research policy and practice.
- Share knowledge and learning across organisations and the broader healthcare community.
In order to apply for the programme you must be:
- Registered Nurse or Midwife; registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC).
- Operating at an Agenda for Change band 8b (entry) or equivalent level. Equivalent refers to the fact that you do not necessarily need to be working in a band 8b clinical position to apply for this role, provided you can demonstrate that the research leadership part of your role is at the level of at least a band 8b.
- You must have an employment contract (honorary or substantive) with an eligible Host Organisation (NHS Trust, Higher Education Institute, or any organisation that provides Health or Social Care Services based in England and is publicly funded by DHSC).
- If you have a substantive contract with a Higher Education Institution, you must also have an honorary contract, and hold a specified clinical or leadership remit totalling at least 0.4 WTE, with an organisation which provides Health or Social Care Services and is in receipt of public funding by DHSC.
Embedding inclusion in everything we do is one of the NIHR’s key operating principles and is key to the successful delivery of NIHR’s Research Inclusion Strategy 2022-2027. This forms a core tenet and focus of our NIHR SRL programme. We wish to promote the programme to individuals from underrepresented groups and ensure equality of opportunity for all. This may be in terms of geography, clinical speciality, profession and/or individuals who share a protected characteristic as set out in the Equality Act 2010. We wish to champion inclusivity and diversity and are very happy to provide any further information to help support and empower individuals to apply for the programme.
SRL Application Open: 31st August 2023
SRL Webinar 1: 27th September 2023 @ 14:00 – 15:00
SRL Webinar 2: 5th October 2023 @ 11:00 – 12:00
SRL Application Closes: 31st October 2023 @ 13:00 GMT
Candidates Informed of Decision: 15th December 2023
SRL Programme Commences: 1st April 2024
In order to book a place on a webinar please email SRL@NIHR.ac.uk